The Friends Centre Career Development programme
The Friends Centre offers a comprehensive career development programme for adults, who are seeking:
- Employment – New job
- Career change – New beginning
- Education and training – New skills
The programme includes a powerful package of:
- One to one careers interviews – includes an agreed full action plan for you to follow
- Access to an on-line careers website – Career information, assessment & much more
- Supported by a national help line – offering information & advice
Our adviser is professionally trained and has many years’ experience of working with adults.
One-to-one careers interviews
One to one careers interviews are available to you if you meet one or more of the criteria listed below:
- Have a disability, illness or learning difficulty
- Are recently redundant (less than 6 months)
- Are threatened with redundancy
- Are on one of the following benefits – ESA WRAG, Universal Credit, JSA or Income Support
- Have been out of work for more than 2 years
- Have a highest qualification below Level 3 – (Level 3 is equivalent to either 3 A levels or NVQ Level 3)
For more information, or to book an interview please call 01273 810210, or email us at [email protected].
National Careers Service helpline
National Careers Service helpline: 0800 100 900
What to expect at a careers interview
You will meet with our qualified and experienced information, advice and guidance professional in our interview room. The meetings are normally an hour long and will allow time for you to get help and support to move forward. You will be able to get advice to help you make informed decisions and design actions towards reaching your future goals. Help can be given to overcome challenges, build on your strengths, improve your skills and develop job search skills. Your adviser will work with you to develop an action plan which you will be given at the end of the session.