Help and support signpostAt Friends Centre we want to support all our students. If you are disabled in some way, for example if you have problems with walking, seeing, or hearing, or if you have health problems such as diabetes or epilepsy, or a mental health difficulty such as depression, we want to do all we can to support your studying at the Friends Centre. We would also like to know if you are dyslexic, dyscalculic, or dyspraxic, or if you have any kind of learning difficulty. This way we can work with you to make sure you have the support you need while you are studying with us.

How to tell us about your support needs

We understand that some students may not want to talk about support needs when they first join a class. You can talk to us about what you need at any point while you are studying at the Friends Centre.

  1. There is a section on our Enrolment Forms for you to tell us in which way you are disabled and what support you need.
  2. If you need our support when your class has started, you can either talk to your tutor, or contact Helen Osborne – please call 01273 810210.

The information you give us about your support needs will be passed on to Helen, and we will then contact you to arrange an informal interview to talk about what you need and what we can do to help. The information you give will not be passed on to any other staff or any other students in the meantime. At the interview we will talk about who else might need to know about your support needs. Once you begin studying, we will check with you to see how things are going and if we need to make any changes to the support provided.

More information

For more information on the support that is available we have a detailed information leaflet which you can download below. This is available in standard size, large print and audio format. For a printed copy, please come to our office or call us and we will send you one.

Download our Learner Support Information Leaflet.

Share this page: