City & Guilds and NCFE / CACHE Qualification-based courses


ESF logo

For some of our qualification-based courses there are three course fees listed in our brochure. These are for fully funded learners (A), co-funded learners (B) and non-funded learners (C). The price you will pay will depend on your residency status, age, employment status and any benefits you receive.
These three levels of fees do not apply to City & Guilds Level 2 Pattern Cutting courses where there is only one fee option. This is due to funding rules which we have to abide by.
Your eligibility for funding will be assessed at the interview stage. You may also be required to attend an additional interview with an Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) counsellor before enrolling on these courses.


(A) Fully Funded Learners

If you are unemployed and looking for work, wish to enter employment and believe skills training will help you to do so, and receiving JSA or ESA-WRAG you will be eligible for free (fully funded) classes. At Friends Centre’s discretion we may also fully fund the course for those on other means tested benefits or for those earning less than £330 per month. This is subject to producing recent benefits / payment evidence and attending an IAG interview prior to joining the course. A payment of £10 is charged for administration.


(B) Co-Funded Learners

If you are employed (part-time, full-time or self-employed) or not looking for work or not willing or able to work you will be eligible for the co-funded fee.


(C) Non-Funded Learners

If you have not lived in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years then you will not be eligible to funding and will have to pay the non-funded learner fee.

We will give priority to learners currently on a level 1 course who wish to progress to level 2.

If you have previously been funded by Friends Centre to attend one of our level 1 courses we may not be able to fully fund another place on a level 1 course for you. This also applies if you have been previously fully funded to attend a level 2 course and wish to attend another level 2 course.



Documentation required for enrolment

We must see identification for all our learners. This can be in the form of a bank credit/debit card or National Insurance Card, but for residents from outside the UK you will need to bring your passport or national ID card if you are from the European Economic Area (EEA). Residents from outside the EEA will need to bring their passport, Home Office papers and any other relevant documentation in order for us to conduct a fees assessment.

If you are eligible for a concessionary of fully funded fee we require proof of benefit before the concession can be given and this needs to be dated within three months of the course start date. We are required to take a copy of your proof of benefit. If the benefit you receive is Council or Housing Tax Benefit, then we will need to see the letter you received at the start of the financial year, and a current bank statement showing the payment.

If you are a dependant, please also attach proof that you live at the same address as the benefit claimant (e.g. joint bank statement or utility bill). We regret that no concessions can be given without proof of eligibility.
The fee listed for our courses includes the tuition, resources and exam fees where appropriate. The majority of our courses are funded by the Skills Funding Agency, and this in turn may be used for match funding with the ESF (European Social Fund). Therefore your course may be part funded by the ESF as well as the Skills Funding Agency.



Share this page: