SPANISH FOR IMPROVERS COURSE INFORMATION
This Spanish course is for anyone who has attended at least one year of Spanish study and is aimed at A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
This course is designed to help you improve and extend your Spanish vocabulary and grammar.
We will study Spanish tenses (past, present and future), pronouns, adjectives etc through well designed speaking, listening and written activities based on everyday life situations and Spanish culture.
The course will look at different topics each term, allowing for new learners to join the group and current learners to develop their Spanish further.
Scroll down for further course details or for more information on our other language courses in Brighton, head to our courses page via the main menu.
COURSE TUTOR: Javier Paz
DURATION: 10 weeks
Autumn: 28 September 2018 – 7 December 2018 (half term 26 October 2018)
WHERE: Brighton Junction
COURSE FEE: £125 / £75 / £15
Please see further information on fees and concessions online or in our brochure.
This course aims to:
Give learners the opportunity to go over key Spanish structures and vocabulary and develop their confidence and a deeper understanding of the language.
Who this course is for?
This course is suitable for anyone who has studied at least one year of Spanish and can do the following:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (for example, very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment)
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters
- Describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need
What will I be able to do by the end of this course?
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
What materials will I need for the course?
You will need pens, some paper and a file for your course work.
Roughly how much will they cost?
How will I know I am making progress?
Progress will be monitored through tutor observation and feedback. Written homework will be marked and returned regularly. You will be encouraged to reflect on your own progress at the end of each session.
Is there any extra study outside the class?
The tutor will set some independent work regularly to help speed up your learning.
Who is the course tutor?
Javier Paz is an enthusiastic teacher who was born and raised in Argentina. After travelling around South America he decided to go on a trip around Europe. In order to do that, he settled down in Barcelona where he finished his Degree in Philosophy, did his QTS and became a Spanish Teacher for International House Barcelona.
After 15 years living there he decided to move to Brighton where he has been living for more than two years.
Among other places, he’s teaching at St. Giles International, Cactus Language Training, Sussex Downs College and now he’s joined us!
If you’re interested in his approach to teaching, please have a look at these links:
Further Spanish courses at Friends Centre or at colleges in the city such as BHASVIC, GBMET, Varndean College and PACA Adult learning.
Friday 28 September 2018 - Friday 7 December 2018
1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Full price: £125.00
Concession rate (if available): £75.00
Please note that concessions are not available online.
Click here for information on fees and concessions.
Book online or more information: Click here for more information or to book online (if available)