Learn lifesaving first aid skills to help teens or adults in an emergency situation. Learn how to deal with unconsciousness, choking, heavy bleeding, shock, allergic reaction, seizures, heart attack and stroke.
Scroll down for further course details or for more information on our personal development or family learning courses in Brighton, head to our courses page via the main menu.
COURSE TUTOR: Agnes Munday
DURATION: Half day
WHEN: 29 June 2019
WHERE: Brighton Junction
COURSE FEE: £20 / £15 / £15
Please note that this course cannot be booked online.
Please see further information on fees and concessions online or in our brochure.
This course aims to:
Give you the confidence, techniques and skills to deal with emergencies, and manage a range of conditions in an emergency situation.
Who this course is for?
- If you want to have experience for a real life emergency
- If you want to be able to help family, friends or neighbours in an emergency
- Are involved with local a community group, faith group or sports club
- You might also want to attend the course if you are preparing for volunteering or work
What will the course cover?
- dealing with an emergency
- unresponsive – breathing
- unresponsive – not breathing (cardiopulmonary resuscitation – CPR)
- bleeding heavily
- head injury
- heart attack
- allergic reaction
- diabetic emergency
What materials will I need for the course?
- Pen and pad if you would like to make some notes
- Please dress comfortably for practical parts of the session
- Let the tutor know if you are allergic to rubber or latex
How will I know how I’m doing on the course?
The tutor will explain the aims and outcomes at the beginning of the session and provide opportunities for you to review your learning, and take part in practical demonstrations. There will be lots of opportunities to ask questions and take part in discussions. Your learning will be reviewed at the end of the session.
Are there any other websites or books that can help me?
- There’s also a useful subsidised first aid booklet available at the end of the course, it costs £2. Please bring the correct money to the course as the tutor does not always carry change.
Can I download any useful apps to my Smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you may find the following apps useful:
- St John First Aid App
- Red Cross first aid app
Who is the course tutor?
Agnes Munday has been running these very popular courses for several years. The feedback on her sessions is always positive, and people appreciate the energy, enthusiasm, fun and passion she brings to the sessions.
Agnes has a BA Hons in Education, a PGCE in post 16 Education, and a Paediatric First Aid trainer diploma.
Agnes also works in Public Health and has twenty years’ experience of designing and delivering for a wide range of organisations.
Saturday 29 June 2019
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Full price: £20
Concession rate (if available): £15
Please note that concessions are not available online.
Click here for information on fees and concessions.
Book online or more information: Click here for more information or to book online (if available)