What data do we collect about you?
We may collect the following information:
- full name
- date of birth
- full address
- email address
- telephone number
- support information such as whether you have a disability or learning difficulty
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How do we collect your data?
We collect your data in a variety of ways including online via this website when you register to enrol on courses. We may also collect your data by phone if you ring us to enrol on a course and we may collect your data in person if you visit our reception to enrol on a course. If you choose to subscribe to our E-marketing list we collect your data for this via the newsletter subscription form to be found at the foot of our home page on the website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- providing you with the best possible experience as a learner at Friends Centre with as much support as possible during your time with us
- internal record keeping
- we may periodically send promotional email about new courses, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- we pass the information on to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Department of Education (DfE) if you are receiving a concession on a course you attend which is funded by the ESFA
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links on its ‘Links’ page to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What rights do I have regarding my personal data?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- You can agree to be contacted for other purposes by ticking boxes and opting in to receive information
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected] or choosing to unsubscribe electronically if you receive promotional emails from us about courses and workshops by using the unsubscribe section at the bottom of the emails
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law [see paragraph below about the European Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) below]
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please ask to fill out a Subject Access Request Form. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We reserve the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How ESFA use your personal information if you enrol on a course and receive a concession.
This privacy notice is issued by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Department of Education (DfE). It is to inform learners how their personal information will be used by the DfE, the ESFA (an executive agency of the DfE) and any successor bodies to these organisations. For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal data processed by the ESFA. Your personal information is used by the DfE to exercise its functions and to meet its statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 and to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN) and a personal learning record (PLR). Your information will be securely destroyed after it is no longer required for these purposes.
Your information may be shared with third parties for education, training, employment and well-being related purposes, including for research. This will only take place where the law allows it and the sharing is in compliance with data protection legislation.
Further information about use of and access to your personal data, details of organisations with whom we regularly share data, information about how long we retain your data and how to change your consent to being contacted, please visit:
Requesting details of personal information we hold about you
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please ask to fill out a Subject Access Request Form. We will respond in 30 days. We reserve the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.