Friends Centre receives some government funding. However, we rely on the kindness of charitable trusts and foundations, local companies and individual donors to be able to offer learning opportunities and to provide extra support to the most disadvantaged in the city.
This extra income helps us to run outreach courses in areas of the city where they are most needed, offer targeted courses for particular groups e.g. homeless people, provide creche spaces so that young parents can come to classes, and help learners with fees and travel costs.
You can help by making a donation or by fundraising on behalf of Friends Centre. Just click here to donate to directly to us via our TotalGiving page.
Your contribution, however large or small, will help us to offer a learning programme that supports local to people improve their skills, confidence and life chances.
Support us by shopping online
We’ve signed up to EasyFundraising.org.uk. It’s is a great way to raise money for us just by shopping online. You don’t pay anything extra. You can find out more about how EasyFundraising works here.
Make a donation
There are a number of ways that you can make a donation to us. You can click here for a Donation Form and simply return this with your cheque or payment details. You can also donate online usingPayPal or via our TotalGiving page. You can also donate immediately by t
elephoning us on 01273 810210 with your credit/debit card details.
If you would like to discuss specific projects that we are currently fundraising for, please contact the Interim Principal Helen Osborne on 01273 810210 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also request information on leaving a legacy – making a gift to Friends Centre in your will.
Raise Funds for Friends Centre
You can fundraise for Friends Centre using Total Giving. Go to our charity page and you can either donate once, set up a regular donation to support us or create your own fundraising page to help support us. You can use this feature to create a fundraising event webpage that has fundraising targets, a payment system that is simple and easy to use and can be shared with friends and family directly via email and social media.
Here are some easy and fun ways you can help Friends Centre:
- Hold a fundraising event – Organise a coffee morning, a cake sale, an afternoon tea, a dinner party, a music event, a film night, a dance…You could even turn your birthday party, anniversary, or wedding into a fundraising event!
- Collect your loose change – Ask family, friends and co-workers to donate their loose change on one particular day … or every day for a week… or over one month and donate it to Friends Centre.
- Sell unwanted items – Sell your unwanted clothes, books and other goods on ebay, at a car boot sale or on a stall at a local community event and donate the proceeds.
- Help us with street collections – We organise street collections in central Brighton several times a year and always welcome volunteers.
- Get sponsored to do something – Walk, jog, run, bike, climb, skydive… Organise your own activity or check out the ‘open’ opportunities at www.charitychallenge.com.
Contact Helen Osborne on 01273 810210 or by email at email@example.com if you can help to fundraise for Friends Centre.