The Community Learning team provides short informal courses and advice for people aged 19 years and over living in Brighton & Hove who are not currently in work or those who have less than a Level 2 qualification (GCSE or NVQ level 1). Our courses are free and some even lead to qualifications. Courses include: Food Safety, First Aid for Babies and Children and Confidence Building.
- You must be aged 19 years and over.
- You must also have lived in the UK, European Union or European Economic Area for 3 years as an ordinary resident.
Functional Skills courses
We offer Functional Skills English and Maths classes at various schools and Children’s Centres across the city.
The classes are free, friendly and supportive.
If you do not have any English or Maths qualifications and would like to find out more about starting in September ’16 please ring us on 01273 810213 and ask for Christina Mendez.
English and Maths Tasters
Are you thinking about getting an English or Maths qualification?
Are you nervous about studying English or maths again? Do you fancy a taster in English or Maths to brush up your skills before taking on a qualification?
Then this is the course for you!
Please contact Christina Mendez on 07795 336 412.
Information, advice and guidance service (IAG)
Information about IAGs at Children’s Centres
If you are not sure about what course to take next, we can offer you free personal support to help you find the information you need.
We can offer you:
- an individual session to discuss what you are interested in
- information on other courses and services
- impartial guidance to help you make the right choices
- advice on volunteering and training.
You can contact our advice staff via your local Children’s Centre, or call directly:
- 01273 810213 or 07795 336412
- Email: [email protected]