Do you want to improve your reading, writing and maths?
Reading, writing and maths are important skills for everyone. There are many adults who want to improve their skills and all our students have their own individual reasons. What are your reasons?
- to brush up the skills you already have
- to help your children or grandchildren with their homework
- to prepare for further study
- to improve your chances of getting a job or to get a better job
- to be able to fill in forms or write letters
- to be able to mange your money better
- to feel more confident
At Friends Centre we will give you:
- caring and patient teachers
- a class at the right level for you
- small groups where you will be able to work at your own pace
- a friendly and safe place in which to learn
We run classes throughout the week, in the morning, afternoon and evenings at our centre in Ivory Place and at other centres across Brighton and Hove. We run classes for people who need just a little bit of help and for those who have a basic level of skill. Students have the opportunity to take nationally recognised qualifications.
Our Maths and English courses are free to those who do not have prior Level 2 qualifications.
- You must be aged 19 years and over.
- You must also have lived in the European Union for 3 years as an ordinary resident.
- You will be asked to fill out an enrolment form to evidence this for the Skills Funding Agency.
All potential learners do an Initial Assessment in a supportive and learner friendly environment. Course options are offered according to abilities and assessment information given to the tutor.
English & Maths Qualifications
We offer courses leading to Functional Skills in English and Maths that eventually can lead to GCSEs.